New to list, have a question.

esc esc at firstnethou.com
Fri Mar 5 17:14:41 GMT 1999

Hi everyone,
I'm Eric Comstock and I just joined this list.

I thought I would start by asking a question.  First my situation.

I am working on a Chevy 350 using a Holley Projection4 TBI.  This is one of
the origional analog units that used the MSD controller.  I also have the
closed loop kit (O2 only) installed. So it gets inputs from the throttle
position sensor, the distributor(RPM), the starter, coolent temperature,
and the O2 sensor.  I installed a shut-off switch on the Closed loop kit,
so that baseline adjustments can be easily made.

The closed loop kit intercepts the TPS voltage and adjusts it in order to
fool the computer into adjusting the fuel flow.

OK, everything worked fairly well until I installed a RAM-AIR system on the
car.  Now the difference between high speed on a cold night and low speeds
on a hot day is too much for the system to cope with.

I'm really not sure what to do about it.  The only thing that I have been
able to come up with so far is to build my own computer to run things.  I
am an experienced programmer, but that project would be a little outside of
my realm of experience.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Should I just go buy the new Digital Projection system and hope it will
work better?

Thanks

Eric Comstock
esc at firstnethou.com