Frederic Breitwieser/turbo discussion, design Q's

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 15:30:26 GMT 1999

HI Gary,
 Is a 4-into-2-into-1 turbo header superior  to say,
 4 tubes converging right at the turbine inlet?
I'm trying to establish some rules as to when one design works
better than another (while lag is a fairly big concern).   Is there a
rule of thumb, say with 4 vs 6 vs 8 cylinders?   Mine is a 4cyl.
The info on the Porche design is very  interesting, but
does anyone know why they chose that design over others?
With the 4-2-1 setup, does the firing order dictate which tubes
get paired together?  For example, should the first merge join
two cylinders that are farthest away from each other in the firing
order?
Thx
Mike