aluminum intake cosmetics

Dan Zorde dzorde at soanar.com.au
Sun Mar 21 06:10:18 GMT 1999

Hi Jim,

When I did my Chev TPI, I just had all the parts acid dipped to clean them
(special stuff for aluminium).  Painted the manifold in black engine enamel
(same as rest of engine) as this is fairly chemical resistant.  Polished up
the runners.  Painted the plenum in black wrinkle paint (can handle a fair
bit of heat), polished the lines and the lettering on the top.  Loks very
nice, not too much shine as on show cars and easy to keep.  Aluminium needs
to be regularly polished or it will go dull.  Saw one out of a Jag that was
the opposite, everything polished and painted runners, didn't really like
it (looked to wanky) and the guy reckoned it took forever to polish the
whole top end, especially the little corners you can't get into.

Dan	dzorde at soanar.com.au