Chip for Northstar

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 29 12:55:09 GMT 1999

At 04:06 AM 3/29/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>   I have a very unique car.  I have a 1987 Fiero GT with a 1995
>Cadillac Northstar.  It runs great but it will not peel out.  I only
>know of about 5 of these projects in the Nation and they all have this
>problem.  My engine only has 16,000 miles on it. (just for you info).  I
>think that it is the Torque Management located in the PROM.  Torque
>Management was to make sure you do not peel out under a heavy load
>situation.  It kills injectors and plays with the timing.  It is all
>explained in the GM manual.  I had Super Chip try to make a chip for me
>and they said that they could take care of the problem.  It still did
>not fix it.  I was wondering if you guys could help me out?  Please let
>me know.  Thank you.

Chris,
Did you transplant the ABS and Traction control as well?
If not, that may be the problem... The Caddy PCM looks for input from the
ABS and TC modules... If it doesn't see it, and the chip still thinks the
modules are there it will severely torque limit thinking there is a problem
that could cause loss of control.
You need to find someone with the GM Cal Docs that can disable the ABS/TC
parameters.
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.