atomization enhancement

CEIJR at aol.com CEIJR at aol.com
Sat May 1 14:33:02 GMT 1999

James:
	Although we haven't done extensive testing yet, we have benched some
injectors at varying pressures and pulse widths. As we suspected before
setting up the bench, the generally accepted formulas are not very accurate.
An increase in pulse from 2 ms to 4 ms does not exactly double flow. Nor does
flow vary directly with the square root of the pressure. The dynamics of
opening and closing are affected differently by pressure for different
injector types and sizes, and obviously flow is affected by the percentage of
the pulse a particular injector takes to open and close. Math is good for
ballpark estimates, and injector selection, but bench testing and then dyno
testing are unfortunately necessary for final tuning.

					Charlie Iliff