NC hybrid setup/coolant blows heater core/how to avoid?

Ross Corrigan zxv at istar.ca
Sat May 1 16:15:14 GMT 1999

I know this is NC but I"ve exhausted my related Nissan/Datsun list w/ no
good info.

A few of us have sb chevy V8's and several have experienced heater core
problems d/2 higher/greater coolant flows/pressure (I don't know
specifically), they've replaced w/ brand new units and halfway thru winding
out and leaving another NSX (their ride, mine wouldn't do that;^) their
heater core will fail again.

They only discussed ways to just bypass the heater core which is simple but
I live in the often rainy pacific nw so need heat occassionally throughout
the year and would prefer some sort of pressure reducer mini-manifold but
I"m not familiar w/ what hardwar is out their or the simplest way to solve
this.  I'm not sure if it's simply a matter of too much flow or pressure or
combo of both that fails them.  Mine's still OK but I haven't ran it very
hard yet and want to preempt a painful heater core R&R etc.

thanks for any and all ideas in advance

Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

 '80 327ZX   IZCC#255, Edmonton Z-car Club #44, British Columbia ZCR
Life's a journey, not a destination.. Enjoy the pitstops and maximize the
straights

mailto:zxv at istar.ca     *New ICQ # 11549358
http://home.iSTAR.ca/~zxv/index.shtml
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg    where a