torque convertor choice?

Ross Corrigan zxv at istar.ca
Sat May 1 16:22:04 GMT 1999

probably NC as well but I do plan on installing my holley TB 4Di system
shortly so it's related to my EFI setup..

My car is in the tranny shop this week and it's a rare time it's out
of the car (700R4)so thought I'd run by my present converter and see if you
recc'd a different one. Refresher... 3100lb loaded car w/ 206/212 @.050
Xtreme cam, 9.5:1, performer RPM heads, and stock bottom end 327 w/ good
flows, ~300flywheelhp anyhow.
they dynoed my tranny today and said my convertor is a 1550rpm, my car is a
daily year round driver that gets lots of city driving and some hard track days
roadracing/and autocross in the summer. Tranny guy seemed to think a
21-2200 stall would be much better suited.

Oh yeah, I may bump the cam up a level in the future  (possible a roller)
but certainly not milder.

comments ideers? gains/losses to a 2000+ stall? much mpg loss??, read about
the S10 '95+ convertor being  a bolt in 2000stall for the 700, my torque
would probably bump that to 2200?  Should it stand up in my application?  I
heard they fragged in some Impalas but they're a lot heavier.  THe S10 95+
has same internals as the vette's 700R4 convertor if that helps.

thanks in advance !

Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

 '80 327ZX   IZCC#255, Edmonton Z-car Club #44, British Columbia ZCR
Life's a journey, not a destination.. Enjoy the pitstops and maximize the
straights

mailto:zxv at istar.ca     *New ICQ # 11549358
http://home.iSTAR.ca/~zxv/index.shtml
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg    where a