1227749

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Sat May 1 17:43:16 GMT 1999

Greetings,

After spending most of the morning wandering around two local junkyards,
I lucked out and found two of the elusive 7749 ECMs, one passed my
"power up" test, the second one didn't, and the yard I got them from
said they'd exchange the bad one when they get a wrecked turbo sunbird
in later today (which means middle of next week to everyone else).  Also
picked up a 2-bar MAP sensor using GM part numbers as a reference, for
$15.  It was sitting on a shelf believe it or not, so that piece is
done.  Coincidentally, the body harness I snagged to give my old beater
truck power everything (windows, locks, cruise, digital dash) plugs
right into two of the three underhood ECM harnesses with ease, and I
have to verify the wiring to ensure I don't have any ground and batt
leads interconnecting.  At least the connectors fit... moving wires
around has become quite easy after all the practice I'm getting!

Sorry for the cross post... so many people have given me help and advice
I wanted to make sure you all know I appreciate it !!!!

Oh, and I pressure tested my homemade fuel rails this morning and they
leak right through the aluminum tubing.  I found that odd.  I know
aluminum is somewhat porous compared to other metals, but 100psi of air
pressure on the end of the fuel rail, submerging it into a litter box
full of water resulted in small bubbles forming on the surface of the
aluminum.  When the pressure is released, the bubbles appear to receed
back into the aluminum.  Very odd.  Just thought you'd all get a kick
out of it.

---

Frederic Breitwieser

Xephic Technology