Cam regrinds feasible? (roller regrind)

Ross Corrigan zxv at istar.ca
Sat May 1 17:49:55 GMT 1999

well here's the last of my q's that have gone unresolved off other
resources....

Local super comp dragster racing team has been selling of some unused new
stuff in the local penny ads.  They have one custom Bruce Crower ground
roller cam, 650 lift, 300 duration w/ 105 centre left brand new that's too
conservative for their efforts of late for $100CD.  They sold a 2nd one
same specs to a 'vette owner who had it reground to 575 lift, 112 lobe centres.

I'll check out the regrind price from the local grind guru's "Shadbolt"
(any horror stories on them?  I've only heard good so far), but at their
price I should be able to get a reground roller for 30% or so below new and
to my own custom specs, assuming their's room in this monster for a 214/218
at 114 or 115 or similar (or v. open to reccomendations....).  I know I'd
need the Bronze distr. gear for $40CD or so as well.

Just checking this out.  For their cost I might just pick it up and decide
later as I don't think  resale 'netwise would be hard to break even.

thanks again

Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

 '80 327ZX   IZCC#255, Edmonton Z-car Club #44, British Columbia ZCR
Life's a journey, not a destination.. Enjoy the pitstops and maximize the
straights

mailto:zxv at istar.ca     *New ICQ # 11549358
http://home.iSTAR.ca/~zxv/index.shtml
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg    where a