NC hybrid setup/coolant blows heater core/how to avoid?

Ross Corrigan zxv at istar.ca
Sat May 1 20:33:42 GMT 1999

At 01:38 PM 5/1/99 +0100, you wrote:
>The JTR S-10 book shows 2 Everco 5/8" heater hose fittings, one with a
>built-in restriction (3/8").  Part #H2894.  They also list a similar GM
>part, #10039163, used on some 4cyl S-10s, to restrict flow.
>
>I am pretty sure there is an in-line restrictor used on some Corvettes,
>but I can't find in in JTR book.

Thanks for the info so far guys!  I have two JTR books (TPI/TBI & ZV8's)
but can't afford to buy every one for fun reading.  So the above fitting is
a pipe thread 'union' w/ an inline restrictor orifice?  I suppose I could
make one from a piece of aluminum roundstock or any other ideer I suppose.
I was curious if the orifice could lead to excessive backpressure behind
the restriction?  (didn't take a lot of fluid mechanics)  ie. should this
be setup be like bypassing your heater core but instead of blocking off the
heater core circuit completely leaving it open but only w/ a 3/8" supply or
similar?  Make a small aluminum manifold (like an adjustable fuel pressure
regulator) but instead of a regulator just a 3/8's orifice to supply the
heater core??

thanks again

Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

 '80 327ZX   IZCC#255, Edmonton Z-car Club #44, British Columbia ZCR
Life's a journey, not a destination.. Enjoy the pitstops and maximize the
straights

mailto:zxv at istar.ca     *New ICQ # 11549358
http://home.iSTAR.ca/~zxv/index.shtml
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg    where a