NC hybrid setup/coolant blows heater core/how to avoid?

steve ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Sat May 1 23:34:48 GMT 1999

Ross Corrigan wrote:

> At 01:38 PM 5/1/99 +0100, you wrote:
> >The JTR S-10 book shows 2 Everco 5/8" heater hose fittings, one with a
> >built-in restriction (3/8").  Part #H2894.  They also list a similar GM
> >part, #10039163, used on some 4cyl S-10s, to restrict flow.
> >
> >I am pretty sure there is an in-line restrictor used on some Corvettes,
> >but I can't find in in JTR book.
>
> Thanks for the info so far guys!  I have two JTR books (TPI/TBI & ZV8's)
> but can't afford to buy every one for fun reading.  So the above fitting is
> a pipe thread 'union' w/ an inline restrictor orifice?

The Everco parts are fittings that screw into your water pump where the
heater hose attaches.  It's NPT on one end, 5/8" hose barb on the
other.  Take out the one you have and attach this one.  GM part should
be similar.  The corvette part, if you can find it, goes inline in the
hose.  Cut the hose, stick it in, put 2 hose clamps on.  The S-10 book
is a fun read.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet