NC hybrid setup/coolant blows heater core/how to avoid?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun May 2 05:37:31 GMT 1999

It reduces the amount of water bypasing the radiator, and also, helps to
pressurize the coolant in the head at higher rpm, reducing localized hot
spotting.
All, very good things..   The hole in the thermostat is to make sure no air
accumulates on the bottom side of it.   If ya llook close on some hot rods
the first day after running the heater full one for weeks the temp guage
rises rather high the first time the thermostat opens.   The colder the
weather the worse quicker this happens.
Bruce