cam grinds for SC

Glen Beard gbeard1 at nycap.rr.com
Sun May 2 12:26:47 GMT 1999

jsg at donet.com wrote:

> I'm about to install a Vortech supercharger on my SBC 305 TPI, and
> I'm thinking about changing cams too.
>
> Of course that is of little help, and I would like some idea of what's
> going on before contacting manufactures. So, what does make for a good
> cam for applications like this?

I'm running a CompCam's Extreme blower cam on my 6# Vortech supercharged
LT1.  It has 218i/230e with a 114 lobe sep.  Lifts are .528i/.544e with
1.6:1 roller rockers.  The exhaust side, as someone said earlier, needs a
larger duration and lift to scavenge the exhaust gasses.  Intake isn't as
important as it was with the naturally aspirated engine because the blower
increases the volumetric efficiency over 100% anyway.  The lobe separation
at 114 keeps the overlap smaller to prevent blowing your intake air/fuel
charge right out the exhaust port. (power and fuel economy takes a dive)

Check my page for all the other mods I have done.  I'm making 450-500rwhp.
(not certain anymore...)
--
Glen Beard
95 T/A conv M6 Vortech  open y-pipe ;)