Flame - Not (Tornado engine?)

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Mon May 3 13:24:56 GMT 1999

Wasn't one of these engines also used in the Checker Marathon before they
switched to Chevy?

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>

In this country--the Tornado engines only came with an eight port head
(individual exhausts, but two logged intakes), and obviously without the
good rods. It came in early sixties Gladiator pick-ups and Wagoneers. And,
as one might expect for a hemi head with a short duration cam with
aggressive valve lift rates, it got rather good mileage--about 17.5 mpg,
highway--- in a well tuned 4x4 Gladiator. But--no, it was not a high
revver.