Espen's Reed Valves

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Mon May 3 20:52:15 GMT 1999

Hi!

I want to use a reed cage from a outboard two stroke engine or crosser
bike.
With carbon fiber reed pedals for minimum restriction,or boyesen
reeds.There is  little difference in max output from two stroke with
reedvalve and rotary valve.By using a hotter cam than you would do without
reeds,
I think you can have more hp at max and gobs of torque down low.I would be
difficult to mount the reeds as close to the valves as possible, I think a
4 valver is most suited because of the two inlet runners making a easy
transition to the wide reed cage. Using a rotary file and file the two
runners
together and mount the reed cage as the start of the intakemanifold.
Espen.