fuel line check valve reality check

Stowe, Ted-SEA StowT at PerkinsCoie.com
Tue May 4 06:09:29 GMT 1999

howdy.

I am trying to find 2 'flapper' type, low threshold, fuel check valves for
my 72 xj6, my thought is to tie both fuel tanks together with a one way
valve in each line, then have that go to a 'T' then to the chev mechanical
pump. (I have a Chevy eng in it and I want to remove the old original
electric fuel pumps & related mess in the trunk.)

an email to Earl's got me a $50.00 price per valve, not including the
fittings. I called another place and got a price of $195.00 for a single
electric shut off valve, (I briefly thought of using 2 of them). this is a
low-tech daily driver, why are one way check valves & stuff so expensive ??
yikes ! is there some plain old ford/chev, one way check valve someplace ?

thanks, Ted.