OT max economy, engine stress

Aaron Willis darkmonahue at awwwsome.com
Tue May 4 06:15:04 GMT 1999

	I have been trying the "floor-it-in-high" driving technique for a tank or
two, and results appear promising, so far.
	My question for y'all is whether I ought to be concerned with what I have
always been told is very hard on an engine - asking it to do a lot of work
at very low RPM.  My car doesn't really "like" to be lugged below about
2000 RPM, depending on load.  It shakes and shudders if I load it down to
heavily, although it does continue to pull.
	Am I beating the bottom end out of the engine?

	Also curious about heating the fuel to improve economy.  Worth half a
damn?  Any words of encouragement or caution?

	Aaron Willis
	ICQ #27386985
	AOL IM: hemiyota
	http://surf.to/garage-te51 Garage TE51 International