Reverse Cooling?

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Wed May 5 01:05:14 GMT 1999

> The LT1 was the first production reverse cooling from GM.  The problem was
> getting the air out.  Evans ran a Trans-Am car with reverse cooling for a
> few years.  I think that work led GM to reverse cool the LT1.

Yes, and I was a data engineer on a TranaAm car that was used for a
number of tests. It works well BUT you need a higher flow pump, radiator
capable of handling the higher flows etc.

The REAL reason GM quit using reverse cooling is the lawsuit that Evans
started against GM for using reverse cooling and not honoring his
patents. GM lawers looked at it and said: lets limit our liability in
case we lose and not make any more cars with reverse cooling. Last time
I talked to Evans, suit still was pending.

regards,

frank parker