305 TPI and 808 ECM

Matt Tomlins Mattpw at ozemail.com.au
Wed May 5 02:41:18 GMT 1999

Trevor,
The 165 is the same as an 808 apart from having 1 extra chip to perform high
speed serial communications.
The Camaro application is a Mass Air Flow system, whereas the Commodore is
MAP based. If you try to run the Camaro on the ASBX calibration, it will
run, but in limp home mode. You need to use a MAP sensor for it to run
properly. If you want to run the Camaro calibration, you will need to
disable the VATS. This can be done via an external circuit, or disabled in
the calibration (Much tidier solution). All of this informaion is in the
DIY_EFI archeives. Having said all that, I have run a mates Camaro on an
ASBX memcal. It ran quite well, but needed some modifications to the idle
control area.

If you need any more help, let me know
Cheers
Matt Tomlins