ECU7 EFI project plans

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Wed May 5 02:39:31 GMT 1999

> > I've had good luck using photo etching, from laser prints onto
> > transparency. Just did a double-sided board with a .65mm spacing
> > QFP on it. Turned out pretty good. Takes a fair bit of practice and
> > experimentation to get it right.

> never tried photo etching myself... paid others to do it, but my work has always been
> simpler in nature therefore the "radio shack" or equivilent kits have been good enough,
> using three trays (acid, base, and water wash), sorta like photography :)

> Can you enlighten me a little bit?  I'd love to investigate this avenue more.

Take a look at:

http://www.mgchemicals.com/P2_Photochem.html

This is the system I use, but I just bought their 'UV' tube,
not the fitting and flimsy stand.  The local prices I pay for
the boards aren't cheap, but it's just too convenient.

I don't clean the resist off the board before soldering - it
stops oxidisation of the copper nicely.  Once the board is built,
isopropyl alcohol will remove both the flux and resist.  No need
for fancy solvents.

Orin.