Beginner's Book

Fran and Bud quest100 at gte.net
Wed May 5 04:55:11 GMT 1999

I believe that "Fuel Injection - Installation, Performance Tuning,
Modifications  by Jeff Hartman, (Motorbooks International) would be a good
starting point.

I also like Automotive Fuel Injection Systems by Jan P. Norbye, (also
Motorbooks International)

Then this GM Training book is a winner. (copied from an earlier DIY-EFI
post)

>From: spence family <tspence at NMSU.Edu>
>Subject: DIY-EFI References

>"GM Fuel Injection Diagnosis" GM training publication 16009.10-6 (cost
>$25)is a good reference for GM EFI information.  This is a GM factory
>training manual and is available to the public.

>Order from:

>MSX International
>1425 Pacific Dr.
>>Auburn Hills, MI  48326
>Phone (800) 393-4831
>Fax (248)377-1510

>The book was updated in 1998 so it covers the latest systems as well as
>early TBI.  This book has lots of "Good Stuff" and is specific to GM.
>Includes sensor calibrations, specific engine information, theory of
>operations, DIS systems, and actual numbers!.  200 pages of stuff!
>Would be very helpful for DIY EFI's, or just understanding the way GM
>does it.

>They will send you a catalog for free!  There are many other interesting
>titles.  They have both training manuals and instructor's guides for
>each title.. I got the manual...

All are in the $20 range.
Good reading!
Bud