CFM Continued...

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri May 7 17:20:51 GMT 1999

I tend to think other wise.  While not at the HP level we're talking here,
for my 355 SBC running a cross fire manifold with runners slight larger than
3/4"x3/4".  It will push a 3100 car into the 13.7s.
  While shortning the runners helped some, it was increasing the plenum
volume that really made the difference.
  I think the TPIs real downfall is that goofy plenum.  Other than the Accel
$$$$$$$ revised set up no one that I know of has tried reengineering the
plenum, in any other form to use the stock runners.
  The Accel part has always gotten good reveiws.   My contention is removing
the EGR, and lowering the "Belly" of the plenum, or raising the roof to get
a plenum that approches engine displacement.
Grumpy
     Gonna hit GP Dr Office later, and see if he has any better car mags.