Espen's Reed Valves

CLsnyder claresnyder at home.com
Sat May 8 02:09:31 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Bruce Plecan <nacelp at bright.net>
To: <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 07, 1999 7:01 PM
Subject: Re: Espen's Reed Valves

> What application is folks talking about?.
> F1 or motorcycles?.
> Big Problem with the reeds is do to inertia the basiclly stay open at more
> than 2,000 rpm, in say a Yamahahah 350 2 stroke motorcycle.  They will
stop
> reversion at low speed but not at higher speeds
> Bruce

All the idea of using reed valves would do is improve the low end torque -
exactly what we want, while staying open at high speeds to reduce
obstruction - which we also want. If they lock open at 2000 RPM on a 2
stroke you should get some effect up to about 4000 RPM on a 4 stroker -
which sounds pretty good to me.