Espen's Reed Valves

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat May 8 03:18:29 GMT 1999

4,000 on a 175cc per cylinder engine (4 stroke).
As the air flow goes up your gonna need large reeds, inertia goes up, and
they drop in max rev effectiveness.
Or go to LOTS of little one, and then port volume goes to h---.
Again, the is just on th Yamahaha, and old info, but I haven't head of any
manufacturer going to reeds lately for auto use....
Grumpy