Hessitation in Late Model Subarus

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat May 8 18:21:51 GMT 1999

>     I think Gary is right with his assumtion that the Subaru computer is
> "too sensitve". As I have never checked I am not sure but I would guess
that
> the GM ESC/EST has a built in filter to eliminate certain freqs and
> amplitudes below a point.

In all the (gm)ESC modules, I tested each one responded to two different
frequencies, and a threshold.
Just out of curiousity what ecm are you running?.
I've run a gm ESC for years also, in a "noisy environment", without a
problem, but not with anything as sensitive as a OBDII system.
  Yes, you can use acoustic, but that doesn't mean there isn't a better
answer.
Some folks are perfectly happy with what they got, ie Cart, J+S (?) etc.
Fun time starts when something goes wrong.
Bruce