diesel pressures

Howard Wilkinson owly at mcn.net
Sat May 8 19:08:46 GMT 1999

Charles:
    This I can buy..... 10,000 psi (690 bar) is not an unrealistically
high pressure, but I find it unbelievable having worked with high
pressure liquids that anybody would even consider 2050bar (almost
30,000 psi) as a realistic working pressure for a fluid in an
automotive application.  Perhaps someday I'll see this VW with a 30K
psi common rail pressure in real life.... but I doubt it..... not on
this planet.            H.W.