Hessitation in Late Model Subarus

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Sat May 8 19:21:38 GMT 1999

Dr. Plecan is once again correct in the optimal knock/misfire detection
system. Labeled as a magnetorestrictive sensor, this device measures the
accle/decel (twist) of the crank. SAE has several papers on this type of
sensor and research continues for incorporation into cars. A ring cast into
the crank similar to a DIS timing ring is used to trigger the
magnetorestictive sensor. Experiments could be conducted using this ring an
possibly a modified mag pick up. So far it is claimed that cycle by cycle
detection is possible for each cylinder.
                                                            Don