Extra Inector Controller project

Jeff Smith bureau13 at mediaone.net
Sun May 9 05:48:16 GMT 1999

Hi all,

I know then subject of "EICs" has been covered, as I've scanned through
the archives already and found a lot of good info. I do have a couple of
questions regarding this, however. First of all, I have seen a lot of
mention of the Cherry or Motorola drivers (they appear to be identical)
and the National LM1949, however ST Micro makes something called an L584
that also looks interesting (more like the 1949 than the Cherry parts,
it requires an external Darlington to turn the injectors on and off).
Has anyone had any experience with this part?  Other than the
requirement of external parts, what are the pros and cons that have been
found with any of these parts relative to the others?

My second question has more to do with the timing of the injector
pulses. I will most likely be using the ignition coil as the interrupt
used to fire the injectors, but is there a more appropriate time to do
it? Is there a delay that I should wait after the coil fires, or is
there some other interrupt, which would provide a more optimal firing
time?

TIA,

jds