Hessitation in Late Model Subarus

G. Scott Ponton gscottp at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 9 06:17:12 GMT 1999

In all the (gm)ESC modules, I tested each one responded to two different
frequencies, and a threshold.
Just out of curiousity what ecm are you running?.
I've run a gm ESC for years also, in a "noisy environment", without a
problem, but not with anything as sensitive as a OBDII system.
  Yes, you can use acoustic, but that doesn't mean there isn't a better
answer.
Some folks are perfectly happy with what they got, ie Cart, J+S (?) etc.
Fun time starts when something goes wrong.
Bruce

    Honestly I can't tell you which ECM it is. I'm pretty sure it came out
of a Chevy P/U mid 80,s variety. It has been under my dash for 9 years and I
have never had a problem with it. The vehicle isn't a daily driver
anylonger. I suppose I could go to storage and pull it out and look.
    Some of us are never "happy" with what we have. Why do you think I went
through the trouble to manufacture a distributor and install the system on
my 67 Pontiac. Sometimes you have to work with what the world gives you to
work with. At the time I installed this system there wasn't anything
"better" which a "normal" person could afford.

Scott