Looking for a 1-psi Hobbes switch

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Mon May 10 01:19:42 GMT 1999

Actually, on one Ford I have worked on, the oil pressure gauge was connected
to a standard idiot light switch.  The gauge reads half when the switch is
closed and zero when the switch is open.  Replacing the switch with a sender
made the gauge not work at all.  This was on a 87 T-bird with digital dash.
I think Ford does this on other models as well.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>