730 on a 406 small block

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 01:37:02 GMT 1999

Okay, I now have some 730 computers to work with, but still have some
questions.
First here is what I'M working on:
400 small block chevy bored .030 for a final displacment of 406".
10.8-11.0:1 compression ratio with 2 valve relief pistion on 5.7" rods.
World Products sportsman2 heads with some porting on the exhaust side. Crane
1.6 roller rockers. Thermal Barrier coating in the combustion
chambers,cylinder side of the intake valves,both sides of the exhaust valves
and full exhaust port.

What I plan to change:
I was using a hydraulic flat tappet cam with 224 degrees duration at .050
lift, something like .520 lift with the 1.6 rockers, ground on a 108 degree
lobe seperation angle. A single 2 barrel Holley ProJection on a custom
spacer to a torker2 intake (all worked like CRAP together!)

I am currently installing a Weiand "Hi-Ram" Tunnel Ram with dual Holley
throttle bodies and a small diameter HEI distributor (needed to clear the
tunnel ram)with an MSD-6T unit. I have a ZZ4 hydraulic roller cam I got from
a friend (he went 10.80 with this cam using a DFI computer) that I would
like to run (I already have the hydraulic roller link bar problem solved).

I have an eprom programer on order, and I am seriously considering an eprom
emulator to make on the spot tuning alot faster.

Questions:
1. Is the 730 computer a good choice here? (I plan to tap the tunnel ram for
port injectors in the future someday)

2. I also have a couple of 727 underhood computers, are these realy the same
as a 730 ? any changes I need to know about?

3. does anybody have a pinout for a 727 ?

4. Any recomendations on eprom emulators? I have been thinking about the
EconoROM II from Tech Tools. The ad in Circut Cellar lists it at 149.00, is
this good?

5. Any suggestions for installing an IAC solenoid/valve to the tunnel ram
plenum? I have heard that the BDS unit uses a ford IAC with a tube to the
manifold, but that is with a DFI computer. What types of IAC unit will work
with the 730 ?

6. does anybody have any .bin files for anything close enough to this combo
that I can at least get it fired up and running? Then I'll dial it in from
there.

Thats enough for now, thanks.
The Punisher