VSS Omit???

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Mon May 10 03:26:10 GMT 1999

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Stuart Bunning wrote:

> I was told a story that GM in USA  had used Chryslers Torqueflight
> transmission in some of there larger vehicles. And they called the something
> else other then a torqueflight so people wouldnt know ??

GM used the Mopar 4 speed standard trans in various trucks. The 833 and
435 were both used. They also used some top-loader Ford 3 speeds for a
while. American Motors, International and newer jeeps used the T/F. I have
seen a parts book picture of a 904 T/F case with a Chevy bell hsg pattern,
which would be from an Iron Duke 4 cylinder in a Cherokee type vehicle
IIRC. Any other use would be news to me...