L-jetronic mods

Michael D. Porter mdporter at rt66.com
Mon May 10 05:57:06 GMT 1999

James Seabolt wrote:

> I was under the impression that when the engine is under wide open
> throttle, the throttle position switch breaks the control loop. Is this
> correct?
>
> Or no matter what, the engine is still in the control loop?

Not sure about yours, but mostly Japanese L-Jetronic systems made around
that time, if I recall correctly, went out of closed loop when the door
on the air flow meter was completely open and rpm continued to rise. For
2.6 l Toyota and the 2.8 l Nissan sixes, this occurred somewhere around
4400 rpm. The computer reverts to a canned program at that point.  As
far as WOT reading on the TPS, I think, when in closed loop mode, it
provided a little extra enrichment by stretching out the injector pulse
width a hair.

Cheers.