CFM Continued...

Squash realsquash at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 18:23:04 GMT 1999

>-- "Todd....!!" <atc347 at c-com.net> wrote:
>
> With this in mind, I believe a gain of 10-30% in
> power and gas mileage
> attained by switching from carb to FI would be
> negated by the lack of
> efficiency due to this phenomenon...

You will gain tunability, throttle response, and
depending on how your engine is built, you can "tame"
it a bit.

And you can't flood an EFI.

I just read an article where a 502GM engine had a
single-plane intake with a 4bbl 1000cfm TB on it and
injectors mounted in the ports.  They installed and
tweaked a 750cfm (or was it 850cfm?) holley carb on
that intake and compared it to the EFI.  The EFI won
in HP and torque, not to mention starting and all the
other givens.

Andy