Fw: L-jetronic mods

James Seabolt jseabolt at intermediatn.net
Wed May 12 07:08:12 GMT 1999

> Is the fuel pump up to the job?  What is it's output vs. head presure
> graph look like?  As boost comes on and presure in the intake rises the
> pump may not be able to supply enough fuel and you're running lean which
> is causing your detonation problem.  What are the reading from your O2
> sensor when under boost but not WOT?  Use a digital multimeter for
> this...you probably already know that however.

When I tricked the coolant temperature sensor out, I was able to cause the
engine to bog and belch plumes of black smoke out the exhaust at 7 pounds
of boost. So I think I have plenty of potential for extra fuel.

Unfortunatly this trick didn't work because it dumped too much fuel into
the motor.

Before my latest experiment (faking out the oxygen under boost), all lights
lit up on my air/fuel meter however it only shows a 12:1 mixture (maxmimum).

All light still glow under boost and I think now I am finally getting the
10:1 possibly 9:1 mixture I need.

Also checked to make sure the throttle position switch was set correctly
for WOT and it was. There is only three contacts in it. Idle, WOT and ground.

It was near 90F today and still no pings.

James Seabolt -----> mailto:jseabolt at intermediatn.net
Webpage: http://users.intermediatn.net/jseabolt/
ICQ # : 7344463

United States

1980 FIAT 2000 TURBO Spider injected (John Deere aspirated)
1981 FIAT 2000 Spider (Rest in Pieces)
1981 FIAT X 1/9 (Injected)
1994 JEEP Wrangler (2.5l )
1976 Chevrolet Pickup (454 Big block/7.3 liter)