Honda Vtec ECU

Alexander Wenning wenning.motorsport at t-online.de
Wed May 12 08:21:24 GMT 1999

WILMAN schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> 	Is there anybody out there who can help me to reprogram the ECU's
> found on 1992 onwards Honda Civic EG6 1.6 Vtec. Codes are either P30-G00
> or P30-000.
>

> Wilman

That´s really not easy. You have to switch the processor from internal rom to
external rom. Read the internal Rom from the processor and then fit a 27c256
eprom into the blank space on the pcb. Now it´s very easy to modify the ecu
using an emulator.

I have the information how to switch the processor from internal rom to an
external one but I don´t know which processor is inside. Having a look at the
ecu it shouldn´t be a problem to find the processor type and read the rom.

I guess Chris Smith from Racelogic is still on this list (Hi Chris!) and I think
he should know about that.

If you´re just looking for a cost effective performance increase I´d suggest the
Superchips conversion. They show an interesting 16 hp gain on the rolling road
(using high octane fuel).

Regards

Alex Wenning