alternative engines, WARPED

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Wed May 12 17:34:18 GMT 1999

I hear ya Harold, makes sense to me...

However I have a Dana 60 with the 4.10's and it takes a bit longer to
swap out the gears in that baby, it'd probably be quicker to swap ou
tthe entire rearend!?

Good idea though.  My friend with another 70 Bee which DOES have a Dana
swapped his 4.10's out for some 3.23's and MAN does it HAUL on the
highway!

He'll be takin his to the strip in a couple a weeks! I'll be followin
him with mine...

I got down to a puny 13.4 at 102 this past Friday night at the track...

He'll be lucky if he breaks into the low 15's...

ALSO, instead of swappin out gears I COULD just put some really tall
truck like tires on there, the 295/50's seem kinda short, they don't
even go up into the fenderwell at all, except maybe when bouncin over a
bump or somethin...

Will try gettin the 600 vac to idle better, maybe even run the ol
Rochester off the 70 Chev truck again.. I used to run this carb, had
GREAT idle characteristics, but couldn't break any lower than a 13.6 in
the quarter with it, it's only a 625 or so cfm Rochester...

Will also hook up the vac advance, if I can find a vacuum tube to hook
it up to, they're all blocked off internally on the 750 dbl pmpr I'm
currently runnin, so I'm not runnin it currently...

The 600 or Rochester have plenty of vacuum tubes I can use for the vac
advance...

The Manual calls for 38 degrees total mechanical advance and lik 56
degrees advance with the vacuum hooked up...

Does this sound right to ya'll?

Seems a tad bit much to me!

Thanks again!

Really appreciate the help!