alternative engines, WARPED

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Wed May 12 17:37:10 GMT 1999

> The ignition wires protruding from the front tend to make the engine
> look messy...

The electromotive system has the same coil pack setup as the modern
day GM TPI engines, including the Grand National, most FWD 3800cc
engines, Camaros & Vettes.

> Where would ya'll recommend mounting the big cmoputer and coil packs on
> a big car like my 70 Coronet Superbee(Looks kinda like a Dukes a Hazard
> 69 Charger)

The whole EFI is one piece (Electromotive), so it goes on top of your
intake, or on your firewall.  If you have a dual-carb hi-rise plenum,
it fits under certain ones, but it will get fairly hot and shorten its
life.  Firewall is the best place.

> Would it go in or around the glove box?  Or under the hood somewhere
> cool?

The you'd have to cut holes in your firewall for the plug wires and
wiring harness.

> Fred, your advice sounds like an affordable alternative to plain ol
> stocker injection... which would be tough to make handle my power
> demands...even without the twin turbo's!

Well, I'm going with the GM OEM stuff simply because its a fun
project, and I can invest time for nearly free rather than buying
something for $1000.  have to save some cash for the fabrication work
to make this all fit.

> Hey, have you eve thought of creating a package deal for your Mopar?

Naaah, I'll post pictures on the 'net and let everyone check it out
for free, not in the business of making money on these things... I do
them because I enjoy "fangling" and I get to learn stuff, which is the
whole point.  Otherwise, I'd just plop a mopar crate motor in with a
big carb and be done with it.  Certainly less effort than all this
welding of injector bungs and such.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)