alternative engines, WARPED

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Thu May 13 16:21:10 GMT 1999

I have a 72 Buick 455 in my 72 Jaguar, but the carb that was on it was
jetted for Cheyenne, Wyoming, I already messed up my first 455 that I
put in the Jag due to this carbs' pretetonation causing lean
condition... broke a couple of peices of ring crowns off the top of a
couple a the pistons.... Damage was already done long before I swapped
out the carb for a sea level configured rochester...

Have already swapped out the 455 with another one, the Jag runs 14.6 @
89 mph, has 4-wheel disc brakes, independant rear suspension, and is a
posi and is geared for a wimpy 6 cylinder so it's geared really high,
like at LEAST 3.73 or higher, don't have an 8 cyl tach in it, only the 6
cyl tack, which is WAY off....

It has dual fuel tanks that hold about 14 to 16 gallons each, has dual
shocks on the back as well as rack and pinion steering, AND a full
leather and wood grained interior!

Can't ask for much more, except A/C, which is pretty critical in Houston
humid and hot weather, ya know!

Pretty cool car, it could use some FI work as well, gas mileage isn't
too good, about 15-16 on a good day on the highway....

Currently has 205/60 15's all around on stock chrome steel wheels, will
be gettin taller tires in the back for better gas mileage will lower the
rpm on the highway considerably... also has limo tint all around and is
painted dark blue...

Just so people would know what just beat em at the lights or at the
track, I stuck the 455 emblem off the grill of the Buick Estate Wagon
next to the XJ on the trunk of the Jag and painted it BRIGHT NEON YELLOW
so they wouldn't miss it....

THAT, however, doesn't help em when they're sittin next to me at the
lights, they have NO IDEA what's about to happen to em...

The rearend squats really bad and the front end rises pretty good and
the sucker just takes off if ya give it the gas right, otherwise ya just
spin, but still take off quick...  haven't weighed it yet, have no idea
what a stock 6 cyl XJ6 weighs... Do any of ya'll know?

Thanks again for the info about the bigger Rochesters...

LATER!

Todd....!!