Yet another O2 sensor fakeout trick

James Seabolt jseabolt at intermediatn.net
Sat May 15 12:07:21 GMT 1999

Thinking about trying yet another trick. I just can't leave this one thing
alone. I would really like to get rid of my 5th injector. The fuel line is
touching several items on the motor and I am afraid it might chap and
spring a leak. Also it doesn't look very professional anyway. And the fact
I am sure the injectors will provide enough fuel if I could just boost the
pulse rate up a bit.

Here's my plan.

Since my pressure switch has three poles, I can wire it up with a resistor
in parallel.

When I hit the boost zone, the O2 sensor's output which is either .8 volts
or .9 volts, however if I place a resistor between this circuit which
brings the voltage down to .1 volts the computer will think the engine is
running lean and increase the pulse rate trying to catch up.

The trick will be to find the right resistance to create such a voltage drop.

I know there is a formula somewhere. What size resistor do I need to drop
the voltage from .9 to .1 volts?

I am also assuming if I need a little more fuel, I can increase the
resistance some more.

James Seabolt -----> mailto:jseabolt at intermediatn.net
Webpage: http://users.intermediatn.net/jseabolt/
ICQ # : 7344463

United States

1980 FIAT 2000 TURBO Spider injected (John Deere aspirated)
1981 FIAT 2000 Spider (Rest in Pieces)
1981 FIAT X 1/9 (Injected)
1994 JEEP Wrangler (2.5l )
1976 Chevrolet Pickup (454 Big block/7.3 liter)