18 & 3x Signals on Holden 3.8

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Sun May 16 20:36:37 GMT 1999

According to Gregory's Service and repair manual (# 249), under
Fuel and Engine Management (page 105 in my edition, this is for
VN models) indicates the procedure:

  1. remove the ignition control module wiring connector
     (this is the connector UNDER the coil pack) RH side
     of the module.

  2. connect terminal N and P of the wiring connector together.

  3. connect terminal M of the wiring connector to EARTH.

  4. connect a test lamp from ignition control module
     wiring connector terminal H [or G] (-ve) and battery (+ve)

  5. rotate crankshaft and you should see the test lamp go on
     and off 3 times [or 18 times] per revolution.

Note that they use a test lamp, so you may need a resistor (100 ohms?)
if you wish to use the multimeter.  Tell me if it works, okay?

PG.

Peter Gargano     peter at mail.techedge.com.au
Ph: +61 2 6251 5519     Fax: +61 2 6251 6646