BMFC, Tiiming, and Coatings

Steve maxboost at earthlink.net
Mon May 17 04:26:23 GMT 1999

When you test the same engine combination over and over you find that the
oil temp is within a few degrees for that given combination.  If it is
different and the combination is the same then something is wrong or there
was a change.  I find this very easy to believe as I have witnessed hundreds
of dyno runs over the years.

My turbo V6 I just built with coatings takes twice as long to warm up now
that it is coated.  Also I have seen a 200 degree F increase in EGT at low
speed.  I haven't done full load testing yet so I can't report on that yet.

Steve