O2 Volts

CLsnyder claresnyder at home.com
Tue May 18 12:35:49 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Christopher J Beasley <chris_beasley at mindspring.com>
To: <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 1999 2:52 AM
Subject: Re: O2 Volts

> CLsnyder wrote:snip
>
> > produced at this point is programmed into the ECU. If the voltage goes
low,
> > the ECU richens the mixture. When the voltage goes high it leans the
> > mixture, and the ECU counts crossing points to determine if the system
is
> > correcting properly.
> > >

>   Exactly, except the other way 'round, right?

No, when the voltage goes high you have too little O2 in the exhaust, so it
leans the mixture to compensate. When the voltage goes too high you have too
much O2, so it richens the mixture. A missfire allows O2 to flow through
unburned, and forces the engine rich. From my understanding and experience
anyway. Been wrong before - but I think I got it right this time.>