Opel Omega Diagnostic Conector

Aron Lopes Petrucci aron at inbrapenet.com.br
Thu May 20 18:11:59 GMT 1999

Hi,

I am "listening"  this list for some time, since I bought EFI cars.

I have two EFI cars, they are made in Brazil, by Chevrolet, following
the original design by Opel (Germany) (with some litle changes, maybe).
They are an Omega Sedan (1994) 2.0, and a Corsa (1998) 1.0.

How I always make the services, only in my cars, by myself. I'm
searching for technical information about it (in portuguese, english,
french, spanish or italian; I don't understand anything in german).

Specially about their EFI systems (Bosch Motronic, I think) and the
diagnostic conector. I am thinking about  an interface to PC.

I found a conector in the Omega, wich I think that is the diagnostic
conector, but it doesn't looks like an ALDL conector, in fact, I'm  not
sure if that conector with 10 pins (2 lines of five pins), positioned in
the engine compartment, in a cable comming from the main cable of the
EFI system, is the diagnostic conector.

So, my questions are; if there are anybody in the world who can answer
this.

1) where are the diagnostic conectors, in these two cars?
2) what are their pin functions?
3) what are the codes and the protocol to "talk" with the ECM?

Thanx in advance

Aron L. Petrucci
aron at inbrapenet.com.br

Londrina - Pr