O2 Volts

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu May 20 21:59:44 GMT 1999

Now, to me rather than go on,, with further testing while it might settle a
curiousity, it doesn't help with what my goal is.
  If you think about it, there are so many variables that on any one day,
you can ask, where are things?.  ie O2 level, in the atmosphere varies day
to day, along with other "rare" chemicals. that might contaminate the
results.
  In the oem applications they supply a reference voltage which as to effect
the ionization, and performance of the O2 v generating strategy.

  The useful facts as I see them are:
  In cold weather, a none heated O2 sensor can go open loop. due to the O2
sensor being too cold.  A heated O2 develops enough heat so that it can
"properly sense" the needed gases to operate.
  The O2 sensor, as tested responds to HC rather than O2.
  While you might be able to change things, or define other operating modes,
I know that if I mount the sensor far enough away from the engine that being
heated is neseccary, then I know what gases matter, and thus what the sensor
is seeing.
Grumpy