Clues Needed

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Fri May 21 14:18:57 GMT 1999

> Being new to the scope world, and after reading a scope manual, I'm still
at
> a lose, and hope someone could clear these meanings up for me.
>   When using the triggering mode selection there are these options.
> Auto

This triggers the synchronization of the scope from whatever signal is fed
into the normal vertical input.

> + Internal
> - Internal

These are similar to auto in they pick up off the signal sent to the
vertical input, but the level it sync's at is adjustable with the trigger
level control.  + and - are for which slope of the waveform it triggers off
of.

> +External
> -External

These require the external trigger input to be hooked to it's own source...
On the PCM, you could hook the trigger input to the 18X or TACH signal and
hook the vertical probe to whatever you want and see it in relation to the
18X or TACH signal.