Clues Needed

Ord Millar ord at aei.ca
Fri May 21 14:32:19 GMT 1999

+/- internal - usually means triggers off the 50 or 60hz ac supply, either
on the rising or falling zero volt cross.  (could mean that the trigger is
extracted from the signal input in some cases)
+/- external - triggers off the the sense lead, either on the rising or
falling edge.  There should be a setting for level - whenever the input
voltages cross this level the scope makes a trace.
Auto - just triggers as soon as one h-sweep is finished.
When using a seperate trigger, hook it to something that's in sync with what
you want to measure - think of it like a timing light.