Simple Injection Questions

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Fri May 21 17:15:35 GMT 1999

> It is possible to use a regular distributor (or whatever you've got on a
> single-cylinder engine) in conjunction with a fuel computer.  It is also
> possible to build in a rev limiter with the fuel computer by cutting fuel,
> instead of spark, when you hit the rev limit.

It would be my preference to cut spark rather than fuel, simply
because cutting fuel would result in a lean condition at higher RPMs
and possibly cause detonation.  No spark results in fuel cooling off
the combustion chamber while you're above the RPM limit, but I know
there are other factors (unburnt fuel into the cats, etc).

Just a thought.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)