Simple Injection Questions

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Fri May 21 17:33:30 GMT 1999

> It would be my preference to cut spark rather than fuel, simply
> because cutting fuel would result in a lean condition at higher RPMs
> and possibly cause detonation.  No spark results in fuel cooling off
> the combustion chamber while you're above the RPM limit, but I know
> there are other factors (unburnt fuel into the cats, etc).

Eww... Cutting fuel, since it sn't reducing it, but turning it off
completely, wouldn't make a lean condition...
Cutting spark, cats or not, may cause more problems, as raw fuel into the
exhaust makes a rather spectacular explosion!
I blew a pair of Hemi mufflers off a 68 Pontiac Bonneville... Turned the key
off for about 2 secs while under way at 70MPH and when I cut the key back on
it blew the exhaust system apart!
Scared the hell out of me!