alternative engines, now Hemi

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Fri May 21 19:04:45 GMT 1999

Previously, you (Todd....!!) wrote:
> C'mon David....,
>
> They used to think it was impossible to travel to the moon, much less
> mars.... we've done it...
>
> They used to think a 4 minute mile was impossible... Done
>
> As well as a sub 4 second 1/4 run outof a piston engined dragster...
> Done

snip

> As for the bolts, use isolated anchors within the block or merely secure
> the heads onto the block via some sortof external mechanism...(like a
> vice)
>
> Most obstacles are easily overcome, if ya think the 'right' way....

why not have a spark plug with a very long nose and no side electrode

ie
   the nose clears the threaded part by .5" to .75" and sparks to the
piston due to proximity

a problem I could see is the oil insulating the return path

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8